Sunday, June 28, 2009

update

Thomas was having a pukey day yesterday, but the nurse gave him some antibiotics that made him sleepy. I haven't seen him yet today, but I talked to him and he seems to be doing all right.

Last night I didn't sleep too well - got up at 4 in the morning to use the restroom and as I got up I felt this sharp pain shooting through my hips and up my sternum. I had to grab the wall and stand for a minute before I could continue. I couldn't fall asleep after that.

The pain in my hips, back, and sternum got progressively worse today, and the Neupogen shots seem to be more painful each day as well. I didn't anticipate this - it hurts just to sit here. Walking anywhere is a hassle, and it takes me longer to stand up, adjust, and then continue walking. I have (at least) two more days of Neuopogen shots, then apheresis (the process of filtering out my stem cells).

Although this isn't the most comfortable thing to be going through, I still got my eyes on the prize. This bone marrow transplant is going to save my brother's life, and that's the most important thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment